Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ShittyBeatlesFCPres t1_iz0x8ia wrote

I used to feel that way but it’s been a decade since the last important change in consumer tech. We’re in the learned helplessness phase of the digital revolution now.

Except for printers, obviously. Those only get less intuitive and reliable over time for some reason. Or any reasonably new tech. So, I’ll always happily fix those for people but if my mom asks me for help with a laptop or smartphone this Christmas and it isn’t a real issue, she better just get used to talking to chatbots.

Edit: I’m getting feedback that’s already explained by my “I’m with stupid ➡️” t-shirt. I know people can’t see my shirt through the the internet but who knows how people offended I implied some humans are willfully ignorant think the internet works?

Digital_loop t1_iz2rkbk wrote

I agree and disagree with you and the previous poster!

I agree because we have people all the time who can't use a debit machine... It's not like the tech is new, we've had it since roughly the mid 70's!

And cell phones? We've been using them in the mass market since the late 90's early 2000's!

soupforzombies t1_iz18axf wrote

“I used to think it was the tech that was wrong, but now I think it’s the humans that are stupid

Except for the tech I can’t figure out. That tech is wrong.”

Lol

−2

Tip_Odde t1_iz13c4q wrote

It's okay that you're wrong. Hope you can see the light some day

−7