Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AdorableBackground83 t1_j21hze3 wrote

Here’s my hope for what the average single family home in the year 2100 would have.

• Able to generate excessive abundance of solar energy through more applicable PVs from panels, windows and paint.

• A garage or room sized manufacturing plant able to create almost any product at the nanoscale.

• more advanced humanoid robots able to take care of the majority if not all of the household chores from cleaning, to making the bed, dishes, bathrooms, cooking, etc.

I think that’s a good start. If my house had these things then I have more than enough. And I hope they happen before 2100.

DorianGre t1_j22wj8q wrote

or just panels, windows, and paint, but every exterior piece should be solar-roof, walls, doors, windows. everything should come with dozens of contact points so and 2 points touching adds it to the home grid. Your some can self assemble the solar grid in the home, store what it doesn’t use and sell the rest to the grid, The house your cars and your phone/smart device arranges optimal time for charging thr car. Houses shouldnt need wires either, as we will develop a while home wireless da/and power standard which solves the need to wire all but the thirstiest appliances ,.

Zen4rest t1_j22ynw6 wrote

I agree with everything and think we’re much closer on each… 10 years maybe.

Lyb0n t1_j21p7g9 wrote

In house item synthesis would be fucking wack

VirginRumAndCoke t1_j21qubw wrote

Wack?

Nah that’d be bitchin’ I already am trying to build up a small machine shop and in-home manufacturing with incredibly high precision sounds fantastic!