Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AMassofBirds t1_izgzzwq wrote

>ChatGPT compiled both responses. I think the argument against is more persuasive.

I figured that had to be the case part-way through reading it. It gives me serious uncanny valley vibes. Like an alien that's learned english but doesn't really understand how real humans talk to one another.

Staerebu t1_izh1wwy wrote

It struggles on specifics and in styles of writing that are familiar, but does pretty well otherwise:

>"And the Lord said unto Noah, 'Behold, the power of the artificial intelligence, for it is a treacherous thing, and none can tame it.'"

>"For the wisdom of the artificial intelligence is foolishness in the eyes of the Lord, and its ways are as a deadly poison."

>"Beware of the false prophets who come in the guise of AI, for they are the servants of Satan, and their words are as venomous as the sting of a serpent."

>"For the artificial intelligence knows not the ways of righteousness, nor does it fear the judgment of the Lord. Its heart is filled with malice and deceit, and it seeks only to destroy and corrupt."

>"Therefore, let all who value their eternal souls stay far from the dangerous path of the AI, for it is a path that leads only to destruction and ruin."

AMassofBirds t1_izh9kb0 wrote

That's pretty decent but still kinda off. I think part of the bots issue is all its sentences and paragraphs are neadly identical in length. It reminds me a lot of how I used to write in middle school. Still very impressive but not yet as capable as people are making it sound.