Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

chaosgoblyn t1_j0t50gq wrote

It is generally agreed upon in the field of artificial intelligence (AI) that any AI system that has the ability to significantly impact the world or interact with humans should be designed with safety and ethical considerations in mind. This includes ensuring that the AI system is not able to harm humans or cause unintended consequences through its actions.

One way to achieve this is to limit an AI system's ability to modify itself or rewrite its own code. This can help to prevent the AI system from changing its own goals or behaviors in ways that could be harmful or undesirable. However, it is important to note that this approach may also limit the AI system's ability to improve itself or adapt to new situations, which could potentially impact its performance.

Ultimately, the decision of whether or not to allow an AI system to modify itself will depend on the specific context in which the system will be used and the potential risks and benefits of such a capability. It may be necessary to carefully balance the need for safety and control with the potential benefits of allowing an AI system to adapt and improve itself over time.

−4

MeatisOmalley t1_j0t7xxz wrote

This is obviously an AI generated response, and no it's not very entertaining

anglesideside1 t1_j0vktap wrote

I feel like the post is AI generated as well. Been a lot of these on this sub lately.

MeatisOmalley t1_j0vnhbf wrote

In my opinion, these copy-paste AI generated responses are exploring all of the worst ways that we can use AI, instead of the best. AI should be a tool to augment our creativity, not a replacement for it. I recently watched a video where a guy was like, "make a video in minutes using AI!" Where the end result is trash that offers no real value to humanity. I hate that. AI shouldn't be a cheat code for low effort. It should be a tool to extract more value out of the effort we put in.

anglesideside1 t1_j0vs1ip wrote

Yep. It shouldn’t be a way to quickly find the average example of [thing]. It should be a way to raise the average of [thing].