Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ParadigmTheorem t1_j1xk8wg wrote

Oh, for sure it has positive effects. I deactivated my Facebook a while ago for the same reason. I’ve never actually had Twitter notifications and I don’t really use it for anything so that was never a problem. Mostly I’m reading about it in the news and for the last few years, Elon musk, fanboys have really taken over this particular sub, however, it seems to have quieted down significantly, since it became more and more obvious that he’s as much of a right wing capitalist as a lot of the more, aware, let’s say of us have been saying all along.

There is, however, that fine line between doing what’s good for your mental health and burying your head in the sand well, the boots of the authoritarian fascist regimes bring the world to its knees. Pretty much we have to just pick our battles, and in my case I focus more as much as possible in recent years as I get older on what things I can do to help and make positive changes that will naturally make the bad things go away rather than spending my life angry at the things that already suck. It helps keep me in a better mindset in general, and I feel like the changes I make her more meaningful rather than playing whack-a-mole with the evils of the world.