Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

anglesideside1 t1_j0l8x34 wrote

You’d think we would have learned that lesson during the pandemic. The vast majority of people did things you mentioned while we were forced to be isolated from one another. Sure, some people probably stayed home and played video games all day by themselves, but the vast majority of us were bored and did whatever we could to feel useful.

StanielBlorch t1_j0lrgdy wrote

>the vast majority of us were bored and did whatever we could to feel useful.

I learned to knit. Made my own scarves for winter and my god am I happy with the results. Went way overboard. The extras? Given away to friends and family and the stuff that was still left over went to Goodwill.

I tutored my step-brother's son with algebra and his daughter with chemistry.

OP's outlook is just sad.. I hope they get help.

giantsteps92 t1_j0lhfy0 wrote

This. A big difference would be the ability to socialize. So if you learned music, you could go and play with your friends (unlike lockdowns).

Gubekochi t1_j0ljv9f wrote

To be honest being an adult with time to maintain my friendships sounds like heaven on earth.

passwordsarehard_3 t1_j0m58wd wrote

The only thing stopping it is greed.

Gubekochi t1_j0m6tks wrote

Not mine, nor theirs. For years I worked 4 days a week because my employer would allow it and I valued my free time more than actual money. But at the same time, I'd like to be able to save for retirement and nice things like 1.6 children or something...

The greed of the capitalist/owner/bourgeois class though... now we're talking!