Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WaterbearOverlord t1_j0pxi72 wrote

There’s still a lot of oversight jobs that will need to be done. The trick is to get the human jobs paid well.

Also, as a published writer myself, I did go through an initial fear phase with learning AI can write scientific essays with citations. Our government has probably already been using it (as I assume they’ve had the tech somewhat before us). It gets info out quick; but still needs managing. I’m actually excited and have started working with my Alexa at home to answer some bigger questions. This will raise scientific revolutions in other fields to catch up to technology with its exponential evolution. I’m someone who’s more of a naturalist and loves working with meta-analyses. AI can amalgamate knowledge, but not truly process it. It’s like we can finally have all of the data we would like to be able to make better decisions.

Maybe the question that has the answer of 42 is how many renditions of this Earth until humans finally figure out that nothing is coming to save them and if they want to survive they need to figure it out themselves.