Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

PeteCampbellisaG t1_j57f7rn wrote

That headline is total clickbait and the survey needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
First, saying they have used ChatGPT is not the same as saying they're continuing to use it or that is has become a stable and consistent part of their workflow.
Furthermore, at least all of the companies mentioned in the survey have a vested interest in ChatGPT, or something like it, succeeding on a big scale, so of course they're trying it out.
ChatGPT is very much still at the beginning of its hype cycle and it's too early to be making statements like this.

Wilde79 t1_j5ao6ga wrote

It’s not even available for that kind of numbers.

TheBestinHealth OP t1_j577wgs wrote

Article: "The survey was conducted from Jan. 4 to 8 among almost 4,500 professionals from various companies. The companies include Amazon, Bank of America, Edelman, Google, IBM, JPMorgan and Twitter,"

gerkletoss t1_j578jve wrote

What were the professions of the people who answered yes?

TheBestinHealth OP t1_j5796bl wrote

I don't exactly know, but i do know according to the poll published by The Hill that they work for BIG ENORMOUS Companies, that's all i can say.

Tapehead2 t1_j57jy3d wrote

> From BIG company

> Have used

> So far mostly for emails when I can't make them sound the way I like. Also good for frame working problems to identify things I didn't consider

ldspsygenius t1_j57balc wrote

I don't know how big a deal this is. I read a lot of Court reports and I have entire sections saved on my computer that I copy and paste into the new report and then just make adjustments based on the individual clients. You know it's if they're writing memos and reports like that I don't see it as a big deal. Mine is a low tech version but it's a big time saver.

maskedpaki t1_j57c9g9 wrote

It's an indicator of popularity at least. Means they likely have 10s of millions of users by now only 2 months post release.

[deleted] t1_j59wzpw wrote

ChatGPT is regularly at capacity when I visit it.

I imagine a lot of that $10b investment must be going towards server space and processing power.

Surur t1_j57gv54 wrote

That's an incredibly fast take-off, much faster than anything else I can think off, even social networks.

SuperNewk t1_j5bdz2r wrote

I use it daily. So much easier than using my brain

SoupOrSandwich t1_j58ie24 wrote

0% of my company has used ChatGPT at work.

WHO'S SKEWING THE RESULTS

SuperNewk t1_j5be15h wrote

In b4 your company goes under and succumbs to the competitor using chat gpt

leighanthony12345 t1_j57qgyn wrote

These headlines are starting to sound like marketing campaigns

TheBestinHealth OP t1_j579p89 wrote

I think this post constitutes this sub reddit well due to the fact that is talks about the growing influence of a developing AI: ChaptGPT, it talks about in tech related professionals and how they are becoming more and more friendly towards ChaptGPT at a huge scale within weeks of its release making it a huge technological advancement for the future of science and tech.

Strike_Alibi t1_j57atel wrote

I don’t have time to deal with ChatGPT at work. I have too much work to do.

TheRealOneTwo t1_j57ev8i wrote

If only there was an artifical intelligence that could make your job easier

gjallerhorn t1_j58rdse wrote

Just to play with it? Doesn't really seem that useful yet for most professions.

chrisjinna t1_j5bjbq2 wrote

I've tried it several times but so far I haven't seen how simply using google isn't better. What am I missing? Do people just lack reading and comprehension skills?

PeteCampbellisaG t1_j5c0r6d wrote

Short answer: Yes.
Longer answer: What seems to excite people so much about ChatGPT is it (ideally) removes some of the grunt work of doing research and compiling it yourself from multiple sources. Not only does it tell you the answer, but it "writes" the essay for you. Though, by the time they're done commercializing it it'll probably be JUST like a Google search, or YouTube, and bombard you with ads before it gives you an answer.

chrisjinna t1_j5f6urm wrote

Well I spent a good amount of time with it yesterday after I made that post. I used it to write a macro/script for a program I use. Only problem was it was for a different version that I don't have and it didn't become obvious till I went to install it. But the good news is once we got the language right it knew what I wanted and helped me write it out in a different programming language that should be compatible. But again it fell down in the installation part of it. Between it, google, and the one obscure you tube video on programming on this train wreck of a control system I think I learned enough to complete the task I want.

So yep, I now see the value. I don't think they will bog it down with ads. But I do think it'll be a subscription service and your meta data will be sold to advertisers. It now knows my needs better than google.

[deleted] t1_j57cfc5 wrote

It's interesting that the people who will fund this sort of thing consider themselves job creators, when their product is designed to save so much time it'll put people out of jobs.

I wonder what the new jobs to replace all these AI based jobs will be. I bet ChatGPT knows, I'll go ask it.

FuturologyBot t1_j57clwk wrote

The following submission statement was provided by /u/TheBestinHealth:

I think this post constitutes this sub reddit well due to the fact that is talks about the growing influence of a developing AI: ChaptGPT, it talks about in tech related professionals and how they are becoming more and more friendly towards ChaptGPT at a huge scale within weeks of its release making it a huge technological advancement for the future of science and tech.

Please reply to OP's comment here: https://old.reddit.com/r/Futurology/comments/10h9dab/nearly_30_percent_of_professionals_say_they_have/j579p89/

Alert-Ad687 t1_j58t3st wrote

I have— not on my work computer, but on my smartphone. So far just asking questions that I know the answer to and seeing what it comes up with. Great so far and this is a niche-ish profession.

SuperNewk t1_j5be629 wrote

Chat GBT handles all of my raises, cancellations/reviews/emails etc

I couldn’t see how my business would survive without it