Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MetalJacket23 t1_j3gpst2 wrote

I don't really like the idea of been monitored. Not by shops and not even by the government, that I don't really trust. I don't want to live in a authoritarian world like China, where my very move is filmed on a camera and been denied basic needs because I didn't agree with my government.

axecrazyorc t1_j3hngzh wrote

I don’t know what country you live in but in the US almost every store has cameras. You’re being watched from the moment you step inside. Especially in local mom and pop joints and certain aisles in big box stores. Most of those domes are empty but not all of them.

I agree with the sentiment of not wanting to be watched but expecting to not be observed on private property isn’t realistic. In public? Yeah, I really don’t like the idea of cameras mounted on every street pole. Or in places where we should have a reasonable expectation of privacy, like a bathroom or our own homes.

yesyupyee t1_j3i9ycy wrote

Not just stores. So many houses have Ring cameras that there is a chance you're being watched from the moment you step put your front door.

axecrazyorc t1_j3js45i wrote

Yeah there’s also that. But there’s only so much you can do about that. THEORETICALLY we get a say in whether the state starts putting up cameras on ever street corner. Provided enough are sufficiently loud about it. Theoretical.