Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Howard_Cosine t1_j6lgt04 wrote

Can we just make another sub for AI?? AI this and Chat GPT that is 99% of the posts here. Wasn’t there a mod post a few weeks ago pledging to filter out this low effort content??

ToothlessGrandma t1_j6loyrz wrote

Unfortunately that's never going to happen. AI and Chat GPT are the biggest things changing society now, so that means by default it's going to be a major topic for years.

baumpop t1_j6o0nyf wrote

Dont worry well be seeing plenty of articles pulling water out of the air too.

FalseTebibyte t1_j6mchdm wrote

Kind of like they're going all Monsters Inc and Terror-forming us all. Seems the plot where Shep merged with the Reapers is indeed Borg-like in similarity.

−5

Kayakerguide t1_j6lrq5q wrote

That would be like having a sub about food that can't talk about meat, would be a totally different experience

BenZed t1_j6mnq1l wrote

I’m sure there are vegan food subs.

equalopurtunityotter t1_j6m86cv wrote

You sound like someone from the early 90's complaining about everyone talking about the internet lol AI is going to change every aspect of our live in the next 15 years so of course futurology is gonna have lots of posts about all its progress and accomplishments

Howard_Cosine t1_j6pk0au wrote

You sound like someone from right now who can’t manage to speak in complete and separate sentences.

−7

SuckmyBlunt545 t1_j6lqhcl wrote

It ain’t talking about chat gpt directly tho so this one’s fine imo

Fexxvi t1_j6ngl5q wrote

AI's are arguably the biggest technological advance right now. If they can't be discussed in a sub dedicated to technological advances then that sub is pointless.

hydraofwar t1_j6n7dgb wrote

I love AI, but i agree, this is for general futurology

−1