Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

thetoxictech t1_j71ocw4 wrote

Yeah im literally fine with all of that, they'd be better at making decisions than a human. Reasoning: if it's intelligent enough to know how to do that in the first place, coupled with the ability to make decisions more logically, because all of the data they'd be able to process and make a decision with means they'd be able to get the full picture, and make the best decision with the data at hand. Human judgement is incredibly easy to cloud.

Larkson9999 t1_j7jspa3 wrote

So you'd accept a robot spouse that is the breadwinner, takes care of the house, and allows you to be unemployed? Because that robot can't give you children, so by serving all your other needs, they essentially "killed" you with kindness and made certain you won't reproduce.

That's why I think AI won't need to exterminate us if they can just stop us from mating with each other.

thetoxictech t1_j7p8fam wrote

Bold of you to assume I want children to begin with. I'd be completely fine with an AI spouse, in the context of it being fully sentient.

Larkson9999 t1_j7p8jbl wrote

Oh, most would too! So thus less people and eventually extinction. My point isn't that you personally need to have kids, we just need to keep the population from declining much below 2 billion or we start going backwards fast.

So yeah, we can and should manage our population but having AI that may not need us do that seems a risky gamble to take when the entire species could die out in worst case scenarios.