Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ReExperienceUrSenses OP t1_j727zyx wrote

Not a troll. I was a part of this project for four years:

Full Adult Fly Brain

I know that consciousness and intelligence are separate things I never claimed such. I'm just here to pick brains and discuss the computability of the brain. I don't argue these things to call anyone dumb, just curious to see what they say if presented with these ideas.

Those claims of super human capabilities in single domains are misleading. The machines performed well on the benchmarks, not necessarily in any real world scenarios. Give them some out of distribution data, not in their training datasets, and they crumble.

I use LLMs as an example, because they operate with the same fundamental architecture as all the others and its the "hot thing" right now. Progress in these areas doesn't necessarily mean overall progress in the goal of AGI and I just urge people to exercise caution and think critically about all the reporting.

EDIT: I posted that research project, because I worked extensively with neural networks to automate the process of building that connectome. I'm familiar with the hurdles that go into training a machine to see and trace the individual cells in those images and detect the points of synapse.

I use LLMs as an example, because I know that people are confusing using words with understanding the meaning of the words.