Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KeaboUltra t1_ja68jun wrote

GPT is an Artificial Narrow Intelligence. as it self proclaims. IMO, I personally categorize it as a very simple AGI. It has general intelligence in the sense that you can ask it to do something and it'll do a "human" job at it. that is to say, flawed until you correct it. I don't think AGI need to be conscious and aware of what it's thinking or doing. IMO, that's something between AGI and ASI. Putting ChatGPT into a robot and Mapping it to allow it to control it to do manual tasks is the next great step IMO. the "dumb" AI such as Google home, Lidar Roombas, and such will likely combine into one device or specialize device that controls all devices. the way cgpt can create code, a more efficient and mature version of it might be able to impliment that code externally to program other devices to get it to do a task you specifically wanted it to do. So for example, you can ask your bot to make your smart lights blink if you get a text message for the night, you could normally set up an IFTTT routine to do it, but I think in the future, AI will have the ability to create them for you and plug the command into any device compatible with it, and we can already see the beginnings of it. I think some people have already made Chat GPT control their smart lights. theres also a brand out there called "matter" which is trying to make all smart devices compatible using one software so people don't have to sign up with multiple websites/apps just to control them.

In the future, I think we'll see chatgpt/AI manipulate things in the real world. not just toss you computer frontend/backend code and answer random questions or prompt, to get them to do things more useful than their original purpose. IFTTT and AI will merge