Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j7s98a2 wrote

It seems a very odd view that making a simple error is an indicator of lack of intelligence.

Do you think that incredibly intelligent people don’t make simple errors when not really paying attention to what they are doing?

Because they certainly make incredibly large errors when they are paying attention.

aeusoes1 t1_j7smpku wrote

>It seems a very odd view that making a simple error is an indicator of lack of intelligence.

I was joking, but since you're getting defensive, I might point out that stating 800 million was 1% of 8 billion was merely the most obvious of the errors, sloppy writing, and spurious logic in your comment. I mean, just look at this gem:

>by the time those fuckers had finished with all of the ADHD, lunatic, self obsessed murdering lunatics, we’d be down to about a few million or so.

If you really can't see all the problems in just this sentence alone, then this is perhaps a real-life example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. And I'm not sure if I even want to touch on the intolerant inferences you were making about neurodivergence.

Perhaps you really are a genius belonging to the top 1% of the populace, a place I wouldn't even put myself. If so, you have done a masterful job of covering it up.

[deleted] t1_j7ss93p wrote

You do have a point.

Certainly not my best work.

aeusoes1 t1_j7st86f wrote

A few years ago, I had a doctor appointment and meant to leave work a half hour before to get there on time but instead left an hour and a half early. I was too embarrassed to go back. If that was my 1% genius test, I would have failed.