Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

APEHASKILLEDAPE t1_j7z202p wrote

I was on two waiting lists for EV trucks but decided against it for now. I’m going to wait till they iron out the bugs and come down in price more. And every other week there seems to be a better cheaper battery technology coming down the pike so that makes me want to wait too.

Semifreak t1_j7z455j wrote

Yup, plus where you live still matters in these early stages (for charging).

I read one analyst that expect EVs to reach price parity with ICE in 2025 and the following year EVs would be cheaper than ICE cars.

Even if that prediction is off by a few years, that is still relatively soon.

Heck, NASA and others are experimenting with e-planes now! That's something I haven't even considered. But I guess if you have the density/weight of batteries right, planes can be an option.

Maybe in 100 years there will be no fossil powered vehicles or transport of any type. It is certainly not crazy to entertain such thought seeing what is possible today.

Man, I wish the show Tomorrows World was still on. Check out their episode predicting the future. They nailed it! And the future isn't just constrained to today, so some of the things that are slightly off (but we still have similar ideas to it today) might be possible in the coming years and decades.

Here's the episode for fun. I LOVE seeing old predictions about the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFTPoiXU_EI

That was in 1989 predicting the home of 2020. Imagine what things will be like in another 40 years!