Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Cynical_Manatee t1_jbit3pn wrote

Or you are just looking in the wrong places. The people closest to you by proximity might not be the people closest to you as a friend. I know I have met more people online whom are all over the word that are better friends than anyone I have met irl.

clinicalpsycho t1_jbj9d9o wrote

Indeed, but that's still a lonely experience.

nlikelyReaction t1_jbjv7e5 wrote

That's subjective, those online friends can be enough for some lol it's not like they can't ever meet up

nlikelyReaction t1_jbjv7xk wrote

That's subjective, those online friends can be enough for some lol it's not like they can't ever meet up

DBProxy t1_jbkgtvv wrote

My 2 closest friends, who I’ve known for 15 years, 1 lives in a different state, and the other lives in another country. We’ll likely never meet, but I don’t think I’d trade them for anyone else.

nlikelyReaction t1_jbme9u2 wrote

Yeah that's my point regardless the option is possible if you guys really want to and have the time to lol it's not like there won't ever be a small window to take the chance its just up to the people involved

I also understand the need for a more physically close relationship so yeah but not everyone operates on that level so that's why I said it's enough for some