Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

HoopOnPoop t1_jdaax5k wrote

The personality, mental toughness, and karma sections are where he has been most impressive to me. Like yes he's physically incredible and like none we have ever seen, but to do all that without a single person having a single negative thing to say about him is probably the most remarkable.

SonicLoverDS t1_jdabp64 wrote

This is the worst sudoku puzzle I've ever seen.

DankRoughly t1_jda9pv7 wrote

10 bowls of rice per day? 👀

Original-Ad-4642 t1_jdasntw wrote

Dude’s a pitcher, outfielder, and DH.

Damn!

mudgoon t1_jda8u47 wrote

This is an interesting layout. Anybody know what this is called?

Ok_Accident5918 t1_jdbk2d7 wrote

It’s called the Harada Method. It’s a personal-growth technique created by Takashi Harada, a former middle school teacher in Japan. The Harada Method is supposed to teach self-reliance and enable people to achieve their goals. Ohtani was taught it by his high school coach.

Hefty-Newspaper-9889 t1_jdcd1rx wrote

The harada method is quite something.

I highly recommend it. Have been using it for years.

I don’t throw 102 mph but it has helped me hit my goals and surpass them three years in a row!

Hefty-Newspaper-9889 t1_jdd2ffw wrote

Everyone that is interested in this format…

This is an end result of an entire program and a process. Shortcutting to this because it was published won’t help you achieve your goals.

The harada method is legit. One step of it won’t drive the change you need.

Hairypotsmokr t1_jda6dgf wrote

Amazing ending to the game last night. He is a lot of fun to watch.

LavenderBlueProf t1_jdaye5w wrote

what is the interpretation/meaning of calm mind burning heart? (also what is the phrase in Japanese if anyone can clarify this)

CrispyRussians t1_jdbavlu wrote

No Japanese but I read that to be passionate but not be ruled by emotions. Use your passion as a tool to guide you not rule you etc

FarFetchedSketch t1_jdbdqdc wrote

I read it as "work your body, rest your mind". Dude probably dude hella cardio

skunkadelic t1_jdatqfh wrote

Let's just call him Showtani at this point since he pretty much owns the big show now.

HankScorpio4242 t1_jddjirm wrote

It’s interesting to contrast this with the John Wooden Pyramid of Success.

https://images.app.goo.gl/3ktEh8usoj1ZH3zs5

What I find noteworthy is how Wooden’s approach is based on building a foundation and then moving to the next level. It’s a progression. The Harada Method is less hierarchical and more about integrating the various elements together. I see merits in both approaches and wonder if there might be a way to bring them together.

cuteriemi t1_jdbmh4h wrote

Nice! Very interesting method. Cool how it integrates discreet things intuitively into bigger goals and a complex whole.

PintaLOL t1_jdkflbc wrote

I can't stop thinking about this

CoolIndependence8157 t1_jdezmn2 wrote

He’s literally the only reason I care about baseball these days.

ropony t1_jdj87w2 wrote

this fucking rules. something absolutely just clicked into place in my neurodivergent brain.