Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Bucket1982 t1_iurvkjd wrote

Reply to comment by paulstefan in [Image] The Maturity Climb by raytanwl

Well that is true to an extent. I’m certainly not going to let it eat me alive. I have known the world will never be perfect, and accepted that it will always need to be worked on. It doesn’t mean I’m against working on it, just don’t expect perfection.

paulstefan t1_iurw0fd wrote

The trick is to accept it enough to not let it eat at you but to still want to change it.

Bucket1982 t1_iurwbz7 wrote

That I agree with. For the most part, but we only have true power over ourselves. You do not have power over other people, and you never will.

paulstefan t1_iuscnpb wrote

This is not true. The power other people have over us that we are calling as "the way the world is" is the ultimate proof.

Bucket1982 t1_iutakdi wrote

That’s not from people working together against you. That is a conglomeration of everyone who will always be competing to be on top. There is not some imaginary boogie man making the world this way. It is because of the fact that we cannot control people, and free enterprise and freewill always brings some level of chaos. You can try for Utopia or La la land dreaming. Im a realist. The way it has always been is how it will always be. In perpetual cycles of good vs evil. The ying and yang, baby! Get some!!