Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

voicebread t1_iwgg3qp wrote

When I was in 5th grade I was obsessed with Calvin and Hobbes and had every book.

In one comic, Calvin avoided taking a test by writing, quote, “I cannot answer these questions due to my religious beliefs.” So obviously I went to school the following day and wrote the same on a test because I thought it was funny and wanted to be like Calvin. Teacher met with my Mom to figure out what was going on and was informed my family has literally never been religious, ever. Lmao

r/kidsarefuckingstupid

YesNo_Maybe_ t1_iwh1r6e wrote

The one where he copied himself so he only had to go to school 1 day a week. Ask number 3 that, He will be here next Wednesday. I really liked that one

sydneydanger t1_iwhjr79 wrote

My favorite, and one that’s always stuck with me, is when they’re handing back graded tests and Susie is like “I got an A!” And Calvin is like “I got a D!” And Susie asks him why he’s happy about it, Calvin says something to the effect of “I’ve found life is easier when I keep others expectations of me low”.

6ixpool t1_iwhpevq wrote

>“I’ve found life is easier when I keep others expectations of me low”.

r/meirl

hay_ewe t1_iwhiskd wrote

OMG I did something stupid inspired by Calvin in school too! He was writing a note to Suzie that said something like "drop dead," so when some boys in my 4th grade class were teasing me about having a broken leg, I wrote notes to them saying drop dead and left them on their desks before recess. On a select few, I wrote URAQT ( word play: you are a cutie) because I also had crushes on some of them. Anyway, I got caught and that was really embarrassing to have to explain in front of them all and the Principal. When my girl friend found out that afternoon, she called me a pervert on her way off of the bus. It was terrible and stupid!

azoundria2 t1_iwhdfma wrote

But I would argue that what you did took a high degree of faith.