Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WildIsland-S-E t1_ixd8k7e wrote

Reply to comment by slickslash27 in [IMAGE] 8 Times Up by kingsadlo

Even the wealthiest people have challenges.

slickslash27 t1_ixd9z2n wrote

In fact I would entirely avoid this view because it tells the poor even if they get motivated about their situation life will continue to rain bullshit, which with many make them wonder why they would even try to improve their living standard if the wealthy have it awful too

WildIsland-S-E t1_ixdbn8c wrote

Yeah, and people can be happy owning very little.

slickslash27 t1_ixddnl7 wrote

Yeah, but I imagine food and shelter is still something they need. How fucking out of touch with reality are you? It's like you're like that clip of Bill Gates on price is right having zero clue how much lower class people pay for groceries, just all the energy of ignorance and fake humility rolled up into one post.

WildIsland-S-E t1_ixdh9q9 wrote

Wow, are you okay?

If you had any idea what I've survived..... I'm not the stuck up wef hedge fund manager you're angry at. Believe me when I say. I know what sorrow is. It's the reason I have learned to keep getting back up, and to look for a silver lining.

Lots of people are happy, not spending life comparing themselves to the wealth of others, and acquiring possessions. It's a thing called minimalism. It's not the same as Bill Gates stealing, and manipulation. He's a criminal for sure. I'd even add that he's probably not a very happy person anyway.

You can find reasons to be happy, and not approve of exploitation, and evil.

Chill.

slickslash27 t1_ixdnk98 wrote

Im fine, but its pretty telling that you got defensive asking me if I was, and also felt the need to bring up an anecdote about your past, instead of reflecting on your words and how they come across to people on a sub about motivating others, talk about narcissism. I'm blocking you for your own good, you need to sit and think instead of raging.