−1

HockeyGilmore t1_iyzxnfv wrote

It's actually fascism but 🤷‍♂️

−1

DallasCumOnOrIn t1_iz29ful wrote

Pardon ?

Fascism is capitalism in decline. And it’s always in decline

HockeyGilmore t1_iz2a8n0 wrote

Are you unintentionally coming off like an uninformed asshole or am I dealing with actual mental illness? I don't know what is being argued or why. I made a reference/ joke about the Halo Universe and you're trying to make this lazy, fucking freshmen philosophy major argument about politics, for reasons...

DallasCumOnOrIn t1_iz2as52 wrote

Halo stipulates capitalism will exist into the future of space colonies-

That’s fascism.

The melding of the state and private corporations.

The reason there were “separatists” in such a forlorn future is because they were fighting this undue hampering of their freedom and autonomy.

Spartans are terrorists for the pimp state and halo is CIA propaganda of our own pimp state. Capitalism, the privatization of capital is on its ways out and only through violence does it prevail.

No, I’m not trying to be dense at all- just matter of fact

HockeyGilmore t1_iz2fb91 wrote

This is a joke right? Okay so let's say in this hypothetical Eric Nylund falls into this content farm of CIA anti communism by pushing American individuality and materialism (it doesn't).

Then why are the ideals of the book exactly opposite of what's described in your article?

Halo's biggest characteristic especially in The Fall of Reach is fuck your individuality; you work as a team , no matter what. You are not special , you do your job.It's literally the first lesson John learns at 6 years old and the entire point of the Spartan program / book. The materialism aspect in Fall of Reach is made clear by John's mentor Mendez teaching him to trust his instincts because "Machines break , eyes dont" . The Spartans living an egalitarian, simple life where they all exist in the same armor and are virtually unidentifiable between them to outsiders only strays further from both the individualism and materialism.

I'm more than a little disappointed you even bring this argument to me.

DallasCumOnOrIn t1_iz75qbs wrote

Haven’t read the article in awhile- halo is about space fascism- humans vs humans then we have to band together to kill aliens. Or at least call truce.

Dumb trope. So over it. And I loved halo, its books and its game lore- it made me really good at FPS.

There’s obviously no universality of capital in the halo universe- else why is there private property like the far flung planets of space? Cuz farmers have to pay off farm equipment ? Fuck that.

Edit: so many needless apostrophes and shiite

HockeyGilmore t1_iz2csqv wrote

Okay , atleast I understand you have some understanding of the universe , happy to talk about it. You can absolutely make that argument and I agree. However, mentioning terrorism without mentioning the terrorist acts the Inserrectionists themselves has caused is disingenuous. In 2511 they killed more than 2 million alone with a nuclear device at Arcology. The information is still scarce about their size, inner working of their multiple hierchies , logistics. It's also wildly naive to assume that the prevailing Inserrectionist government that forms wouldn't end up repeating the exact same patterns of the UNSC itself, further colonizing for additional resources, etc.

Are you trying to say Halo the actual franchise itself is CIA propaganda? That's truly lazy shit at this point. You truly think the CIA is special? It's as applicable to the KGB , SVR , Mossad, Ministry of Security, British Intelligence, any clandestine agency. They're all running / have run similar operations.