Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

_Pretzel t1_izj70la wrote

Sub's slowly becoming wishy washy positivity

youtocin t1_izl2894 wrote

Always has been. False platitudes and pseudointellectual bullshit.

ComeFromTheWater t1_izjg74q wrote

No this sub is full of miserable people who come into the comments and shit on any positive message posted.

The sub called Get Motivated. Why are you and everyone else here then?

The unpopular opinion is that we can’t control what happens to us, but we can control our reactions. All I see in here are a bunch of people with shitty attitudes, and a shitty attitude is no one’s fault but your own.

I get it, life can suck. Many have been unjustly traumatized, abused, and neglected. I certainly have. But no matter how bad things are, you can turn your life around. It just takes an investment in yourself that must be nurtured consistently. Every single day try to get just a little bit better at something. Then one day you’ll wake up and realize you’re good at it. But it can take YEARS. The good news is that it’s almost never too late.

Castrosbeard t1_izks66t wrote

Personal investment? Work? But according to the OP's image what's coming is going to better anyway, so may as well not waste the effort.

ComeFromTheWater t1_izkuuhp wrote

Working on yourself. Eating better, exercising, pursuing a passion. Developing a skill. Reading. Watching less TV and spending less time playing video games. Getting involved in your community.

Yes, work sucks, and we’re all tired, but the hardest part is starting, and the second hardest part is being consistent.

NuclearFoodie t1_izkajvs wrote

When was it anything other than bullshit delusional drivel.

−2