Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Queen-of-meme t1_j141olz wrote

They probably are great, because people work their ass off, there's a high work moral here. But it's not healthy long term imo. To literally have to escape your life twice a year to be able continuing the same stressful miserable life. But that's Swede's.

dirtyrango t1_j145jvw wrote

The company is Swedish but the position is in the US so hopefully if I get the job they don't work me into the dirt. Lol

Queen-of-meme t1_j14jjlx wrote

Yeah hopefully you actually enjoy it.

dirtyrango t1_j14jptb wrote

I think I would it's a small company only about 85 employees with 5-6 based in the US.

Andyd953 t1_j15aadc wrote

My wife just started working for a company based in Sweden that has about 5-10 employees based in the US… they’ve just started forming the US sales team recently... too many coincidences. You’re obviously about to become coworkers with her.

dirtyrango t1_j15dq64 wrote

Haha, does she work for a small bioanalytical laboratory?

Andyd953 t1_j15xz2s wrote

Ahhh nope. In education. So far she’s not experienced any issues about being overworked. What’s she’s found is, due to the time difference, she will wake up to a lot of emails but by noon EST, things are really quiet coming from Sweden.

dirtyrango t1_j169st8 wrote

That wouldn't be too bad. This company is building out a US branch so we'll still work with Sweden on some things but have our own shit here.

The US president of operations actually lives like 30 min away from me oddly enough.

Karagoth t1_j16awjw wrote

Hope you get to enjoy some of the flatter hierarchy. If the boss or lead is wrong, then you let them know, it's expected. Unless you end up with a shitty one who can't take criticism, but those exist everywhere.

dirtyrango t1_j16po0f wrote

I usually just keep my head down and do what I'm told. Lol

VincitT t1_j16lk6x wrote

Ugh I'm sorry to hear that. My wife and I were dreaming of getting away from where we live and saw the quality of life was so high in Sweden that we started wondering what it would be like to actually go. Sounds like those charts don't tell you everything....

Queen-of-meme t1_j174nhq wrote

I mean it's tons better than US still so if you're from there, it will be a big upgrade if you move to Sweden. We have a lot of benefits that US don't.

VincitT t1_j1767xx wrote

Haha good to hear! I'm Canadian and even we see things getting pretty rough south of us O.o

My province is in rough shape, but I'm really hoping for a rally with the next election. Still nothing compared to the US for now though, but my wife threatens to want to leave if the election doesn't go the right way lol

Queen-of-meme t1_j17kyhv wrote

I hope the right leader wins and change things around for the better for you. If not. Welcome to Sweden. Prepare for cold 😂 and fika.

VincitT t1_j18ofdc wrote

Lol it's been -30°C (daytime high) here for the last few days so I think I have the cold covered 😂

Fika on the other hand sounds delightful

Queen-of-meme t1_j18x8sh wrote

Alrighty then your nose is ready 😂👃

>Fika on the other hand sounds delightful

While yes 😊😊

HaydenTheCrow t1_j176mqk wrote

Really? I went there, as a Canadian, and found they take way too many breaks and didn't let us focus on work.

We worked 9-7pm because all they would want to do is fika fika fika. The Swedes left at 4pm and we could finally do work when they left.

I've never seen a more relaxed working culture in my life.

Veoneer is the company I speak of. I was an engineer working amongst engineers.

Queen-of-meme t1_j17ktfe wrote

>We worked 9-7pm because all they would want to do is fika fika fika.

Oh yes the car industry in the worker class are a lot about fika. Some can be very relaxed and take their time. But the worker class isn't the once who afford vacations to sunny countries. That's the first class who have high status careers, and always working.