Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Guavab t1_j1br5j1 wrote

Oh FFS! This again? Here’s an actual thought: Try ‘positive thinking’ your way out of poverty, or depression, or illness (your own ir a loved one’s). This type of horseshit way of thinking is unrealistic, and is the epitome of privileged thought. ‘Positivity’ is a choice when you can afford it.

Stop already. It’s embarrassing.

S-Markt t1_j1czesc wrote

i am poor and jobless and yesterday i let two people with only 2 or 3 items go first in the checkoutline. 3 friendly and happy people at this moment.

Cotesk t1_j1cjzg8 wrote

Lol nobody is saying you can “positive thinking” your way out of poverty. It’s about choosing to see the positives in life… it sounds like you like to find the negatives

Padhome t1_j1cuy4y wrote

Toxic positivity is a real issue. Acknowledging a situation is bad is just staying grounded in reality, and not huffing delusions to feel better.

Cotesk t1_j1e58mb wrote

Again.. nobody is saying you can’t be grounded in reality and also choose to have a positive mindset. I imagine “toxic positivity” is a real problem for the chronically negative

jomandaman t1_j1ck4hr wrote

>> “positivity is a choice when you can afford it”

Nope. Absolutely false. 100% projection. If you are not satisfied with your life, that is completely on you.