Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

KnightCPA OP t1_j2sohql wrote

My exercise regimen is dichotomous: pre-sep’22 and post sep’22.

Pre- sep’22, I walked 2-3 hours a day, even when I was at my largest weight. Walking has never been a difficult task for me: I enjoy it, I listen to podcasts, I need to walk my dog anyway.

I (and my liver) was fat because I drank a lot of soda, ate a lot of beef/fast food, and my body was accumulating those excess calories into fat.

I went on this diet and lost crap tons of weight without changing exercise routine.

Post- sep’22: hurricane Ian flooded my house, so now a lot of my free time is taken up by home repairs/improvements.

I now only walk about an hour a day, 2 if I’m lucky.

My only piece of advice if you already have food that’s working for you is:

Track as much as you can in excel. Excel provides a great platform for data analysis and a feedback loop to see what’s happening with your body.

Do more frequent blood testing. I started drinking regularly for the first time in my life in may’22 while I was losing weight, and my ALT spiked to 64 in June. I significantly cut back the alcohol and went to quarterly blood testing, and my sep ALT dropped to the 30s, and my Dec ALT is now the lowest it’s ever been at 24.

If you track both the changes in your diet/exercise and the resulting blood chemistry, you can begin to make better educated decisions on what’s good for your body.