Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

K_Kingfisher t1_j5ctuci wrote

>Dude looks like a charming villian in every pic...

That's because whoever makes these, seems to think that people will respond better if the beauty of the message and the quotee's persona matches their physical appearance. That's why the same couple of images of a young Aldous Huxley are ever used.

This quote itself is from his last novel, Island. Published when he was 68, and one year before his death.

Here's a more accurate picture of him in that time frame.

I actually think that a picture of him at the age when he actually wrote those words, would bring more gravitas to the quote, since it's not something you'd expect a 20-30 year-old to say.

Hedgehogz_Mom t1_j5d8nrz wrote

Agree. Also came to the comments for facts and you delivered. So thank you reddit purveyor of knowledge

[deleted] t1_j5estua wrote

[deleted]

K_Kingfisher t1_j5ew54m wrote

Angry? Where did you possibly detected anger in my comment? You should look inwards for that, mate.

Also, isn't nonsensical to accuse me of saying nothing yet being mad at me for something I said? I'm confused, which one is it?

I simply offered some trivia and then my opinion. Stated the fact regarding when the quote was written by the author, and that I actually think it would be more impactful if it was accompanied by the image of a mature person rather than a young one. It was an opinion, which you're obviously free to agree or disagree with, same as I'm entitled to have it.

At no point in my comment did I criticized people who do this, or said that the man looked awful for his age. Stop projecting on other people.

E: LMAO! Replies then blocks me, and I have the anger issues. Take this post's advice and tread lightly, bud.