Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

deepstateofficeplant t1_jdl9j38 wrote

That's funny. My conservative synagogue took yom kippur very seriously, but I'm sure not as seriously as any orthodox one!

It's really interesting to me that your curiosity and philosophical thinking for you in to an intense religion – I'd think it's usually the other way around 😬 what other extremely detailed topics are you into?

RidiculousBadger OP t1_jdlax9c wrote

They were super into singing-- I was attending college to get a music therapy degree (I switched to music composition eventually). I was always more into music theory than I was into performance-- it's the math of music.

As a kid I was into Star Wars and got involved in online gaming in the 90s, before there were traditional online multiplayer games... had to do P2P connections. I read a lot of Star Wars.

As a kid I built my own PCs...

I became a meat cutter... Went down an artisanal bread rabbit hole...

I'm a foodie and I work as a specialty food broker (spent some years working for a specialty food distributor)

I'm on the Discord Hype Squad and I work with companies to build Discord servers (some as workspaces, some as community hubs).

I used to stream mobile games on my Youtube channel, specializing in theorycrafting explanations (if you're bored: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBiVyhKnpqs )

I got very into Classic World of Darkness TTRPG and started the first CWoD community server....

I'm sure there's more but there's a limit to how much random stuff I feel like listing before it becomes ridiculous (and I am certainly an expert in ridiculousness)