Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

barbarian818 t1_itsf96u wrote

Thank you.

FWIW; I think I'm seeing a small improvement in certain specific symptoms of depression, but no effect on the anhedonia.

psychsafetyalliance OP t1_itsfrq0 wrote

Hey, if it works for you, suppose that's better than nothing. While we cannot speak to your individual biology, your anhedonia might respond better to different microdosing protocols, which are easy to find online

barbarian818 t1_itshfr0 wrote

I know. Right now I am doing 200 mg every other day. I plan on staying at that level for at least 6 months before making changes.

My big concern right now is on potency and varying chemistries. I know cannabis can have very different effects depending on the exact strain. I assume that shrooms are similar to that.

Plus, it's my understanding that there is a lot of variation in potency within a strain or even with the same batch

Where I am, I can't consistently get the same strain and there's no chance of having an assay done to gauge potency.

psychsafetyalliance OP t1_itshxnb wrote

These are all real issues. Damn you, prohibition! You make sensible science so difficult sometimes!

psychsafetyalliance OP t1_itsiaoo wrote

Though honestly, if you're at the 200mg level, variations in potency are unlikely to make a microdose *too strong*, so if you get a bunch of one batch at one time, grind them all up in a coffee grinder to minimize any variability in potency between stems and caps, and store the powder in a sealed mason jar in the fridge, you should be able to get consistent potency for awhile.

psychsafetyalliance OP t1_itsija6 wrote

And while there does seem to be some variation in effects between different mushroom strains, we've not seen anything indicating the difference is so major that it's going to make your microdoses markedly differently.