Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SchwiftyG t1_iu5aqdk wrote

Is putting a modern election together as complex as it seems? I am sure there are systems built in, but it seems like the actual organization is insane.

voteearlyday OP t1_iu5bm33 wrote

COMMISSIONER HOVLAND: I am sure there are systems built in, but it seems like the actual organization is insane. Elections are an extremely complex series of logistics. Check out this series of Quick Start Guides for a little sense of what election officials need to think about in order to conduct an election. https://www.eac.gov/election-officials/quick-start-guides

voteearlyday OP t1_iu5bok6 wrote

SEC. TOULOUSE OLIVER: I am sure there are systems built in, but it seems like the actual organization is insane. (edited) You're not wrong, election management is EXTREMELY complex. That's one of the things I always try to emphasize when I talk about the election process. We're talking about literally hundreds of millions of people voting with tens of thousands of volunteers across the country managing the process, not to mention the thousands of full time election officials. So much humanity! As an election official, I have to be an Election Law expert, an IT expert, a Cybersecurity Expert, a Communications Expert, a Human Resources Expert, and etc. etc. etc. That being said, the folks who do this work across the country are all these things and more and extremely dedicated. Give your local election official a hug and thank them for their work! :wink: