Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

longtimeyisland t1_j13wl8d wrote

I assume you're very supportive of people not showing up for 14$ an hour being a good capitalist right?

−5

SmellMyChocha OP t1_j13wxt7 wrote

There is nothing wrong with not taking a job that you think doesn't pay enough.

longtimeyisland t1_j13xr1q wrote

Then why did you tweet that "wild that 14$ isn't enough"? What do you pay as a starting wage now?

SmellMyChocha OP t1_j13yn8f wrote

Because I was surprised by the sudden rise in wages caused by government money printing.

We had been paying $10/hour for temporary labor and it jumped up suddenly to $14/hour and at that time, we couldn't get people for $14 either. That was surprising to me. It wasn't an accusation of laziness.

We probably pay $12-$14/hour now for temporary unskilled labor right now, but it's been a while. All our full-time employees in the warehouse earn significantly more than that.

You can read a ton about the local economics of where we are here: https://twitter.com/Molson_Hart/status/1449573538294378499

People don't understand how much farther your money goes in rural Texas than it does in a city like San Francisco or New York.

[deleted] t1_j1405tl wrote

[deleted]

SmellMyChocha OP t1_j1411ta wrote

I think that there is an element of that, but, it's money just money printing that's causing inflation, not corporate greed nor supply chain.

MuhnYourDog t1_j14b0ck wrote

If you posted this comment from a consumer device, you're already a fucking hypocrite.

longtimeyisland t1_j14ca1p wrote

... genuinely what? Because I exist in a capitalist system and require phone access to live I am a "hypocrite"? Ah yes. Let me give away my phone. I'm sure the hospital, my patients , my family, and my friends won't notice because I've got to be an ideological extremist for some guy named "muhnyourdog" doesn't understand the concept of top down vs bottom up change and when each is most appropriate.