Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

mattyblaze420 t1_j474w1k wrote

Hi Phil. I have been wondering about this and would love to hear your thoughts. FTX got so involved in the public realm (arenas, World Series, world famous spokespeople, etc.). What could their involvement be in the dark alleys of Wall Street? Who could they have partnered with behind the scenes? With their infinite liquidity it stands to reason that they could have leveraged this fact to conduct financial crimes in the US markets at a unbelievably large scale. Is anyone ever going to investigate this? Thanks

BusinessInsider OP t1_j476an0 wrote

Good question. FTX had their investments in an extremely broad and diverse range of companies, and they (meaning SBF) also had deep ties across Washington DC's political landscape, on both sides of the aisle.

SBF has said that he made millions of dollars in donations to the Republican party using "dark money" pathways, and it's possible those funds won't be something that can be tracked down.

As far as FTX influencing US markets via financial crimes, I haven't seen much about that, but at this point nothing would surprise me. There's been new reporting coming out on almost a daily basis for months now. -PR

mattyblaze420 t1_j478c8b wrote

Thanks for the reply. Seems everywhere we look something stinks. I’m hopeful some investigation can be done into these Tokenized stocks FTX created. Come to find out they are not backed 1:1 like FTX/SBF said (more lies; shocker I know). This claim may have left the door open for these tokenized stocks to be accessible for reasonable locates for hedge/money funds needing to meet lending obligations.