Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

shakestheclown t1_j7lxvq5 wrote

can you write me an exciting and engaging comment to engage users on my reddit "ask me anything" post regarding "I quit my salary management job in Online Industry to pursue my passion for backpack design and we finally succeeded with our first ever backpack for kids after 3 years of working. AMA!"

--- writes a comment from viewer perspective ---

can you write the comment from the perspective of the creator of the backpack trying to share interesting and engaging information with potential customers on reddit

--- response, kind of boring ---

can you include a sob story of a hardship overcome

--- generic "I faced many challenges and obstacles" response

can you give more details about the hardship, make it a death of a spouse and how it created passion for making my children's lives as easy as possible with a new backpack

--- response above ---

mrhelio t1_j7m0lj6 wrote

I really like that it takes skill to prompt the AI to write what you want.

In many circumstances it's probably easier or faster, to just create what your looking for on your own.

I know a lot of people are very concerned about this tech being used by students at schools etc. But what I think most people are missing is that getting an acceptable response out of the AI requires a decent amount of problem solving: Learning is happening, it might not be what the teachers are aiming for, but it's still learning.

It reminds me of coming up with an elaborate way of cheating on a test, which required more work than just studying. Either way the test taker was being challenged mentally, the "cheater" just took a different path to solve the problem of passing the test.

shakestheclown t1_j7m5uah wrote

Overall I agree, there's going to be a lot of fear that turns out to be overblown and in the end most things will adjust like with everyone having a calculator, cell phone, internet, etc. And it's still going to be obvious who took shortcuts through everything.

Really where I find the time savings is that it eliminates paralysis by analysis which is a big time waster for me. Let's say I need an article for my business for ten benefits of social media automation. The largest time investment for me is deciding on my ten points. Instead I can ask chatgpt, tweak the response, tell it to replace a couple I don't like, add some fluff, edits, and references and be done in 30 min instead of 2 hours trying to parse my thoughts and options.

Also midjourney and DALL-E are very exciting for vastly reducing stock photo needs.