Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

byama t1_je8xvnu wrote

That great, but like everyone is says, lots of info is not yet available. How can I help with the one in my area?

thecaspg OP t1_je90lw6 wrote

The best from the community would be adding reviews with some helpful info and photos. You can add them after creating the account.

What is your area?

byama t1_je91rj5 wrote

Thank you for your suggestion! My area is Portugal/North of Spain. However, I'd like to clarify that each country has a different classification system for what constitutes a national park.

In Portugal, for example, there are three main classifications: national park, nature park, and protected landscapes. While your website only lists one "National" Park (technically true), we actually have much more, for example two "International" Parks that are technically more important, but they are categorized under "Nature Parks". I think it would be helpful to include the full list of classifications (which can be found here) to give a more accurate representation of the existing parks. Unfortunately, beyond that, there isn't much more I can add.

thecaspg OP t1_je9blmz wrote

Besides the main National Parks map, we are also creating more detailed maps for each country (right now just USA, Canada, and UK). On that maps, we display other types of parks.