Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

nephelokokkygia t1_iqtgw0h wrote

How often is 2-day shipping really a necessity?

turtlewhisperer23 t1_iqu3zvj wrote

Nothing is a necessity these days. But the convenience is the competition. How much do you really need lighting during the night?

zarek1729 t1_iqtjan0 wrote

Having experienced living with and without 1 day shipping, it is very convenient. Specially when you are reading a series that has many entries and you can't just buy the whole series in one fell swoop, you can buy book-per-book as you read it and not have to calculate the shipping time with the approximate time you will end the previous book.

nerevisigoth t1_iquh2nz wrote

>Having experienced living with and without 1 day shipping

In some circles we just say "before 2005"

nephelokokkygia t1_iqtp1yq wrote

I mean there's lots of options for that. You could order one book ahead in the series as you're reading, you could pick an arbitrary point in each book (like halfway through) to order the next one, you could buy the books in a brick-and-mortar store, or you could just exercise patience.

zarek1729 t1_iqtpibo wrote

I mean, I was just explaining why 1 day delivery is convenient and why at least I want it. The only better option would be a brick-and-mortar store, but if you don't live in an english speaking country and want to read in english, you are mostly out of luck.

BDMayhem t1_iqtm11u wrote

Books aren't often a necessity. They're wonderful and beautiful and fill us with joy, but they're rarely necessary. They're luxuries, just like two day shipping.

−2