Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Enschede2 t1_isfan16 wrote

I know.. they keep doing it on purpose, sometimes it's only even possible to find a video via google search by specifying youtube.com, it's extremely annoying

Cycode t1_isfci1q wrote

the most fucked up part about this all is.. if i use newpipe (android app) to search.. it is working WAY better. so they inject some fucky shit into the desktop client and their app to make it that bad. its so annoying. also they inject videos from my subbed youtubers.. even if the videos are about something unrelated to my search. god, i hate youtubes algorithm.

Enschede2 t1_isfeljl wrote

Yea I dont know who makes these decisions at google, but it's like they purposefully try to make things worse, I mean the youtube dislike thing, and they also recently put the google images button under the dotted menu instead of next to search, which now is apparently news, books and shopping? Idk who tf uses that but okay..

It's especially bad when you gotta find programming things or something very specific and/or obscure, if it wasn't for the google verbatim extension I'd have lost all my hair already.

Sometimes even bing is better than google, and that's not because bing has improved lol (which it hasn't)

Cycode t1_isfg72n wrote

sometimes, it feels to me like they have a dick-size comparisation at google.. who can programm the most annoying thing to screw with customers or something like this..

like we do it on programmerhumour where people code the most annoying way to input telephone numbers into a formular as a joke.. just that they do it for real @ google.

Whoopaow t1_isfkxvg wrote

We're not the customers, that's the corporations that advertise. It's been said a million times, but we, the viewers, are the product.

Cycode t1_isflht6 wrote

without the viewers, there is nobody to advertise to. so its important to make sure people keep watching. if you make it always worse and worse, this has the contrary effect you normally should intent.

Whoopaow t1_isg72k6 wrote

Yeah, true, but they're basically a monopoly. They're so firmly engrained into the culture that I doubt that's a real fear for them. Which sucks.

Enschede2 t1_isfigpt wrote

Yea, I mean the google graveyard is evidence of that, all it takes is 1 competent competitor and I feel like google would be in shambles.
Unfortunately all the competitors kinda suck too