Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

pm_me_your_rigs t1_j16b2eq wrote

So the article in no way matches what the you are implying here.

Basically talks about 2 competing research teams and that's about it.

Suicidal_pr1est t1_j16gyi5 wrote

If you read the comment it says it is an example and there are other videos and commentary out there. Atlantic white shark conservancy is the group to support.

pm_me_your_rigs t1_j16hqhi wrote

Yeah sorry man I need actual proof besides some random comment on Reddit which is why I read the link

pm_me_your_rigs t1_j16jdlz wrote

>Hats off to David Pierce and the Massachusetts Division of Marine Fisheries for denying a permit to the frat boys of the sea, Ocearch.

Oh yeah this article doesn't have a bias at all.

Again this article is literally just a puff piece there is no actual data in this article suggest they're doing what you say they're doing just a guy riding an article on the internet. He claims he has a video and yet doesn't provide it

Suicidal_pr1est t1_j16mwp2 wrote

Ocearch killed a shark named maya. Do your own research and quit being a little fanboy. Look up Chris fischers education. Business degree from Indiana university.

pm_me_your_rigs t1_j17q6ln wrote

I'm not being a fan boy I'm literally asking for proof of your claims which you cant provide.

But it's funny you think of asking for proof of your claims is being a fan boy Lmao

I_Worship_Brooms t1_j1b44dz wrote

Welp, I can tell by the guy saying "Do your own research" that his claims are pretty bogus

Suicidal_pr1est t1_j1b65jl wrote

I’ve given him multiple articles saying negative things about ocearch. They are literally sponsored by seaworld which is a known shitty organization. I personally know people involved in shark tagging research. This person just keeps saying tell me more tell me more. That’s horseshit. At some point you can look it up yourself.

Hell the first link story was ocearch was told they couldn’t perform tagging in NY state waters because there was already an ongoing study. So what did they do? They went just outside state waters and began chumming like hell which completely screwed up the other study. They then claimed to have “discovered” a great white nursery that had been known about for decades. They are banned from multiple countries and states. It is also known you can’t take large fish out of water because of the stress it puts on internal organs and everything ocearch does can be done with the fish in the water but they have to winch it out just to get the photo op with all of their sponsors. You’re trying to equate me with anti-vaxers which is absolute bullshit. In their case there is no evidence. In mine there is plenty if you just take the time to look.

I_Worship_Brooms t1_j1bmo2t wrote

Oh wow that's crazy. OK well that's not quite the same as saying "Do your own research"