Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MisterPaulCraig OP t1_j724j0o wrote

Hi all, I know I am a day late here, but I got a suggestion to post this here from a comment I made in another subreddit.

GROUNDHOG-DAY.com is a hobby project I put together over the last year, it's meant to be pretty minimal but groundhogs are serious business:

- See all the little guys (here's an example of one of my faves, the prognosticating frog)

- See predictions in 2023 (or all years)

- Explore the Groundhog Map

Had a lot of fun making the site, hope you enjoy looking through it!

Beardedobject t1_j72bgi4 wrote

Screw that pucksatawny guy, my local groundhogs day early spring. Honestly though, this is a pretty delightful project. Thanks for creating this joyful thing.

MisterPaulCraig OP t1_j72byjo wrote

Weather is regional, so your local groundhog should be your preferred source of misleading weather info!

MDnautilus t1_j73w8cr wrote

this is incredible!

I work 100% remote and have done since the start of covid. With teammates across the country I just shard this with them and we all loved it! from P-Phil and so many others in PA, to Sir Wally in NC, and honestly the best one out of the ones we looked at on our team representing my coworkers from Iowa - Polk County Paula won the meeting! the fact that she gives out FREE beer at her announcement just makes her way cooler than we expected!

So thank you for this list and for giving my accounting team something else to bond over other than audits and month-end close.

MisterPaulCraig OP t1_j74xei3 wrote

Same here! I showed this to some colleagues and we spent 20 mins talking about it. Great ice breaker, which is handy mid-Feb

jotegr t1_j73xvel wrote

I can't believe you would do Okanagan Okie dirty like that.

TheGreenGoo t1_j752v84 wrote

I love all the species. Would be cool if they were included as a column on the main page along with the location!