Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

DrinkHumblyDumbly t1_j9636sz wrote

where did you find the source code? I’m on mobile and couldn’t find any buttons to click to lead to more documentation of the site/app

Frexeptabel t1_j963cpi wrote

https://github.com/Nutlope/restorePhotos

It’s a actually a friend of mine, will Tell hin to add a link

EDIT: It’s actually NOT the source code. It’s highly influenced and probably forked off it. Wouldn’t recommend uploading images there because nobody knows what happens to them

DrinkHumblyDumbly t1_j964eo4 wrote

Thanks! Why are there 2 versions of this site tho?

Frexeptabel t1_j965red wrote

Damn, I just noticed that this is probably a rip-off. Will have a look at it

DrinkHumblyDumbly t1_j96jexn wrote

Yeah it seems very influential. But do u know whether there’s a privacy notice somewhere of how data are handled? I scrolled to the end of your friend’s site and skimmed through the repo/issue but couldn’t find it.

Plus, an issue was raised about license and I didn’t see any. Without a proper license and sufficiently clear usage/restrictions, these knock off sites might happen more often without anyone to take responsibility if something bad happens.

On a side note, thanks to this now I’m aware of Replicate to deploy ML tools.

jonlang t1_j9t0ebx wrote

Would the friend of yours be willing to have some sort of contact information on the page? There’s no way to tell who’s behind it today. Also I‘d have some improvement ideas, like leaving metadata intact or not converting my JPG to a bloated PNG…