Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

day7seven t1_iu4ootp wrote

Kind of like Steve Jobs but neither Apple nor Tesla would have accomplished as much without Steve Jobs and Elon Musk. Sure other people did most of the work but they would not have as much success without their cult leaders.

TheAres1999 t1_iu4ql6z wrote

I guess without Musk investing his emerald money in the tech geniuses, their projects couldn't have gotten very far. You need a business man to fund your operation. He does have 3 of his own design patents. I just wish people would stop treating him like a Tony Stark type.

day7seven t1_iu4uyj2 wrote

I think both of their greatest skills are being hype men. Not many people have the ability to make millions of customers so loyal to their brands.

Teddy_Icewater t1_iu61abn wrote

Well then you came to the right place because nobody on Reddit treats him like a Tony Stark type.

Iz-kan-reddit t1_iu5n16o wrote

>I guess without Musk investing his emerald money in the tech geniuses,

What emerald money. Musk has a lot of faults, but that's not a reason to make up bullshit.

−13

ultinateplayer t1_iu5v16h wrote

https://www.independent.co.uk/space/elon-musk-made-money-rich-b2212599.html

Musk "walked the streets of New York with emeralds in his pockets".

His seed money came from his dad, that money came from a profitable emerald venture amongst other things.

So that emerald money.

Iz-kan-reddit t1_iu5y22n wrote

>Musk "walked the streets of New York with emeralds in his pockets".

As a teen, with daddy's emeralds, not his.

>His seed money came from his dad,

He disputes that, saying his dad didn't invest until a later funding round. In any case, it was $28K, which is a pittance when building a billion dollar fortune.

−4

REDGOESFASTAH t1_iu51zqt wrote

What kind of culture and society are we perpetuating when we worship such a monstrous psychopathic thief.

KaladinarLighteyes t1_iu5d6fo wrote

A a capitalist one

Sasso-ta t1_iu6uzck wrote

A prosperous one.

DRY_D3Y t1_iu8880c wrote

Ah yes, the only prosperous society where Kids are dying left and right with the two most common reasons being gun violence or poverty. How prosperous when only 10% of the country have no debt, prosperous is when laws are only for the poor, prosperous is when 1% of your citizens have more money than they and the next 5 generations could ever spend, yet people starve to death every day, all across your great “prosperous” United States of Suffering

New-Topic2603 t1_iu4vqmw wrote

I do wonder with these scenarios how much of it is really down to the man themself and how much is down to a marketing plan.

I mean, trump had enough of a good PR department to become president, who's to say a random guy couldn't be the face of one of these brands with a good team doing PR and telling him what to say?