Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ThenSoItGoes t1_je9ytoc wrote

This is a terrible tip. Now I have a piece of pizza with smeared toppings and spread all over the bottom of my container, as well as smeared toppings on the top piece and spread all over the container lid. And I wasted a bunch of paper doing it. Just keep it in the box.

auntmilky t1_jea3ejh wrote

OP didn’t even explain why this method is better. It just seems like a lot of extra work for a problem that doesn’t exist. I wrap mine in aluminum foil or throw is in a ziplock and have had zero problems thus far.

centstwo OP t1_jea6zgu wrote

I'll post more detail in the next tip.

I like using a washable plastic or glass container instead of zip locks to reduce single use plastic waste.

Aluminum foil can take advantage of this method also, you can wrap two pieces together stacked bread-to-bread.

centstwo OP t1_jea6j1o wrote

Pizza dries out if left in the box. I find the toppings stay on the pizza and don't stick to the bottom of the container. If stacked toppings up, the toppings do stick to the bottom of the above piece. With bread-side to bread-side, there are no toppings to stick to anything. The wax paper, or parchment paper, keeps the toppings from sticking to each other.

This method minimizes paper usage by taking advantage of the bread to bread arrangement.

ThenSoItGoes t1_jea8w1f wrote

how is it minimizing paper usage when you're actively adding paper

auntmilky t1_jea98q6 wrote

And unless the pizza is scolding hot, the toppings don’t really stick

centstwo OP t1_jeaam8q wrote

Before I used this method I used a piece of paper between each piece. Using this method I use a piece of paper for every two pieces. So that is how I am using less paper.

If I have two pieces left over, I use no paper.