Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ohlongjohnso t1_je4xkco wrote

how is this a life pro tip? This is just manners.

absurd_sisyphus t1_je532f8 wrote

Sometimes people are just angry at someone for doing xyz and then they post it as Life Pro Tip by typing don’t do xyz.

zoobrix t1_je55dmy wrote

While that is true this one is a pretty common issue, there are a lot of people that don't seem to be able to be keep their opinions about having kids to themselves even after being told by someone they don't want kids. My partner and I don't want kids and have both heard the "you'll change your mind" etc etc many, many times from many different people from both close friends and family and acquaintances. And when we say no we don't want kids we often still get condescending responses like people know ourselves better than we do.

My partner gets the worst of it since she's the one that would actually be having them. I feel like this one is a proper LPT, a lot of people out there need to hear it.

Trendelthegreat t1_je559un wrote

It’s hilarious when you realize OP is essentially saying “You know what makes me a professional at life? I don’t ask people if they want kids. You’re welcome.”

StephieBeck t1_je5s30s wrote

Totally agree! But - some (too many) people think "It'S jUsT sMaLl TaLk" 🙄 instead of a very personal decision/situation that is none of their business

Look_to_the_Stars t1_je5d9h7 wrote

That’s pretty much the majority of posts in this sub now. “I experienced something I didn’t like, so now I’m going to tell people not to do the thing I didn’t like and pretend it’s a life pro tip.”