Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

N00B_N00M t1_jdh7gs9 wrote

Apparently i have a huge library, i am procrastinating on doing this to my accounr, have done it for wife's phone as it was 100% and she was asking me to buy a new phone as storage is out , i am on ONE plan with 100GB, which is filling fast due to mainly photos ..

I was die hard fan and android fanboy just for this unlimited photos backup as i take lot of pics and it was a perk to never worry about getting storage filled due to unlimited backups

ReneHigitta t1_jdhmxp1 wrote

It truly was, we just didn't know about it. I am bitter with how they go about it though. Settings seem to jump back to full res every so often without warning, I can't seem to be allowed clearing a pic from the account yet keep it on my phone. I'm scared to hell to lose something forever if I batch delete anything and I feel like they know they put people in this situation. OTOH the one plan is reasonably priced and it makes sense to have to pay for something like this. I just really don't like being pushed around lol

When you said you repeat the operation every few months, do you mean a new account every few months? Isn't there a limit on # of accounts linked this way? I seem to remember 4, but maybe that's in drive.

N00B_N00M t1_jdhpv48 wrote

I am on first iteration for now, i got it from some YT channel who has been doing it since inception of that restriction.