Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

strikt9 t1_iu17f6k wrote

Even when your design is still available, you might find that the dye lot has changed and they dont look right when they're side by side

It's a great idea to have a couple extra boxes of tiles, or more if there's a chance of a major renovation

Zenmedic t1_iu1fpdt wrote

This really applies to any prefinished building material. I have an extra box of each type of flooring in my house, just in case. I also have pictures of the mix ratios for all the paint in the place too (with brand).

As a furniture maker, I also provide my clients with the "recipe" for the finish I use. Usually written somewhere inconspicuous under a tabletop or on the bottom of a drawer. This way if it comes back to me for repair, I know what I used, or if they take it to another shop or do it themselves, they can get as close of a match as possible. A good maker will have no problem sharing this, because they know that their product should outlast them, and if it looks good for a long time, it's a good reflection of their craftsmanship.

The world of "Fast Fashion" has crossed over hard into home improvement, so products are constantly changing and being discontinued, so a few spare up front is way cheaper than a premature redo later on.

Fun_Amount3063 t1_iu2aos3 wrote

Same goes for when building a swimming pool. Tell your builder that you want an extra case or two of tile and a few extra pieces of coping.

Flair_Helper t1_iu7vaqh wrote

Hello jabhiram, thank you for your submission! Unfortunately, it has been removed for the following reason:

Your post is not a life pro tip. Advice is any guidance or recommendation concerning prudent future action. An aphorism is a short clever saying that is intended to express a general truth or a concise statement of a principle.Try r/YouShouldKnow.

If you would like to appeal this decision please feel free to contact the moderators here. Do not repost without explicit permission from the moderators. Make sure you read the rules before submitting. Thank you!

keepthetips t1_iu0ebyx wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

DivvySUCKS t1_iu4nt34 wrote

And don't forget you get to have them sit there for 20 years until you die, and then your kids have to pay someone to throw them in the dumpster before selling your house to a flipper who completely guts the thing and desecrates the memory of the house you grew up in.

But the flipper also gets rid of the odor of cat piss that everyone knew about but you, until your ex-girlfriend told you in a fit of rage after you broke up with her for a girl with bigger boobs.

So, um, yeah. Tiles.