Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dougola t1_ixtbdx2 wrote

If your microwave dies, check the fuse before anything else.

pioneertele OP t1_ixtbyus wrote

I guess that makes sense. I was just so happy to find a tray that perfectly fit at our local goodwill after ours broke. $2.99 saved me from breaking down and buying a new one, or worse yet new microwave.

Human_Alternative_ t1_ixtlh2l wrote

A microwave is like $100 lol

−79

Onilakon t1_ixtsdwd wrote

Not everyone can afford to replace an appliance when it breaks

pioneertele OP t1_ixuhy3u wrote

Save a little here and there and you can buy something you actually want to spend your money on.

Kwright721 t1_ixutget wrote

So you would rather spend an additional 97.01 on a new microwave v. just getting the plate? Now I’m irresponsible with money but even I know that makes absolutely no sense

BlueMatWheel123 t1_ixuht2n wrote

Over the counter microwaves can be several hundred dollars. The high end ones (with motorized vents and downward facing lights) are about $1000-$1500.

Replacing a broken tray is a lot cheaper if your microwave is a high end one.

ehutch2005 t1_ixtgiin wrote

Also check for scorch marks on the waveguide cover. It's a little, generally rectangular sheet of mica on the right interior wall of the microwave. They can sometimes arc and burn if your microwave is dirty. You can sometimes find exact replacements online, but the cheaper option is just buying a sheet of it on Amazon and cutting it to whatever size and shape you need. I spent $4.95 to save an $80 microwave.