Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Prestigious-Ant-8055 t1_ix42rpk wrote

Chin to chest is also frequently advised for seniors with risk of aspiration

SonOfTed t1_ix4idag wrote

Or you could just use a straw. That's the best method I know of for easily swallowing pills. Just put the pill on your tongue, form a tight seal around the straw, and suck - the pill goes down super-easy in most cases. Also works well when sucking water out of any kind of tube. They key is the suction effect.

Few-Leadership7674 t1_ix4ooml wrote

Or stick out your tongue & place the pill towards the back of your tongue. When you pull your tongue back in your mouth to take a drink of water, the pill is almost in your throat & easier to swallow.

newintheNW OP t1_ix4rotv wrote

Definitely for pills, but I find the capsules still float.

Few-Leadership7674 t1_ix4w9yg wrote

This works with pills & capsules for me. Especially the "horse pill" sized vitamins I take.

246ngj t1_ix4pj0g wrote

I’ve never been able to swallow pills so I will try this next time

newintheNW OP t1_ix4s6tb wrote

Do note: This is specific to capsules, not regular solid pills.

Curl-the-Curl t1_ix5l150 wrote

I do it like a pelican: chin to chest then chin up and swallow in a powerful movement and it slides right down your throat.

Flair_Helper t1_ixkv4cf wrote

Hello newintheNW, thank you for your submission! Unfortunately, it has been removed for the following reason:

Your post is not a life pro tip. Advice is any guidance or recommendation concerning prudent future action. An aphorism is a short clever saying that is intended to express a general truth or a concise statement of a principle.Try r/YouShouldKnow.

If you would like to appeal this decision please feel free to contact the moderators here. Do not repost without explicit permission from the moderators. Make sure you read the rules before submitting. Thank you!

keepthetips t1_ix3vzd0 wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.