Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TalkingBackAgain t1_iw74o2d wrote

There was someone who had that same idea about that and it turns out that this is not how it works [I have no idea where I’d find this thread but there is a really good reason for why this is a pointless thing to do].

Your_Trash_Daddy t1_iw76z7e wrote

I heard it as far back as the 80s. Your music is automatically copyrighted if you're in the US the moment it is put into physical form. When you write a lyric, record a tune, it's copyrighted, but the issue this is addressing is proving that.

Generally, the best protection is registration with the copyright office, but you don't need it.

Here a good article about copyright and the factors affecting protection of your original works.

AlternativeAardvark6 t1_iw76pxq wrote

I can just put it on YouTube, nobody watches my channel anyway.

babycoco_213 t1_iw9ovja wrote

Put it on YouTube in private and not open to the public

irregardless t1_iw7731d wrote

This might be useful if there’s a dispute about ownership or attribution. If you’re defending a copyright, the only way to do that in (US) court is to have registered the work in the Copyright Office.

brian_sahn t1_iw78xd0 wrote

I think it’s intended to prove ownership so you have a version that predates the copied/stolen version. I can’t say if it would hold up in court though.

GonadLessGorilla t1_iwblfkm wrote

>is to have registered the work in the Copyright

You don't have to register your work. If you create any work, it's automatically copyrighted. A registration helps with legal proceedings, that's all

keepthetips t1_iw72el2 wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Krampusz420 t1_iw74wp0 wrote

what is the thing with dont open it?

Liam_Cat t1_iw909rh wrote

You need copyright for this, the law is more reliable than morals

baudeagle t1_iw832mf wrote

How about printing it out and having a notary co-sign it with you as evidence?

EmilyLovs t1_iw79t7m wrote

Bringing this into the post blockchain world:

Hash the recording file.

Write the hash into the blockchain.

Save the hashed file and private keys on Arweave permanent storage . You have immutable proof that does't take up storage space.

−4

Rastus22 t1_iw7bpxu wrote

Or you could upload it to YouTube...

Blockchain is only necessary if you can't trust any central authority. You're massively overcomplicating this for the sake of shoehorning blockchain into scenarios it isn't suitable for

EmilyLovs t1_iwp9112 wrote

>Blockchain is only necessary if you can't trust any central authority. You're massively overcomplicating this for the sake of shoehorning blockchain into scenarios it isn't suitable for

LOL. Blockchain is the ONLY thing that would guarantee permenant storage. And is perfectly suited for the task.

arweave.org