Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Chris_Moyn OP t1_iy4s05l wrote

Reply to comment by flowerpanes in LPT: Pack a "Go" bag. by Chris_Moyn

Take a couple of minutes and just pack it and then it's ready to go you don't have to worry about it. My opinion there's no reason to take up that mental headspace and panicking at the last minute

−2

flowerpanes t1_iy59xvv wrote

The list in question is not what to pack in a go bag (outside of reminding me we have medications in more than one place), it’s actually a list of what pet supplies and gear like crates, etc I need to get in the truck before driving away. None of that can be packed ahead of time since a lot of perishables or stuff we use daily but in a rush, forgetting to grab leashes or food/water dishes for the cats would be a problem.

We have our RV travel bags in the closet, we’re used to packing up quickly. But in an emergency, a checklist you can split up and work on strikes me as a good idea.

dillybravo t1_iy53hnj wrote

Instead of worrying 2x in 50 years, you have to worry about whether something was removed from the 'go' bag pretty much all the time.

Or do you just buy seconds of everything and update it every few years?

Still sounds like more worry overall.

Chris_Moyn OP t1_iy59jip wrote

I pretty much just have a set of clothes that chill in there and update every few years as I go through things.

−1