Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

tapemastah t1_iy6702e wrote

Here’s a life pro tip: get off social media

Vamp_Rocks t1_iy6ehnm wrote

This simple trick is driving social media execs crazy.

Only 1 in 5 can quit successfully

liabetus t1_iy4u29i wrote

Have you tried putting down your phone and going outside?

IeishaS t1_iy65fpk wrote

I also heard touching grass was a good solution

funguy202 t1_iy5x4tm wrote

The solution is to read everything about elon musk fully and then force yourself to watch hours to elon news for days. Then you'll be desensitized and it won't bother you as much. FYI I'm a masochist

bluenoser613 t1_iy5nmaz wrote

yes you can actually create filters to block all tweets with specific words in them, and of course also block specific accounts.

Cubicle_Man t1_iy5qnwe wrote

Have you tried not using Twitter?

alannordoc t1_iy69kmx wrote

Not OP but I've tried and the sports news and commentary is just too good.

It would be interesting if all the sports media got together and created their own platform..

Bethymania t1_iy6as2p wrote

I don’t know, I just had to comment that “my head will explode like a watermelon at a Gallagher show” is my new favorite expression.

[deleted] t1_iy4uu3q wrote

[removed]

Neppy_Neptune t1_iy5h0ci wrote

If I had a reward, I'd give it to you.

I used this to block "ratio" back when it started gain fame as cheap lazy way to argue with someone.

CaptainMarko t1_iy5vg6m wrote

I have a friend that has blocked and muted Musk half a dozen times and twitter keeps undoing it.

So no..

MrSpotgold t1_iy5ayol wrote

I recall that there was an app for browsers to replace the word "Trump" by anything you wanted (I chose "Twat") and replace photo's of him by pictures of kittens. I hope someone puts it to market for Musk (which I would replace by "Irrelevant Individual." Such that you get headines like "Things Former Twitter Employees Said About Irrelevant Individual That Got Them Fired."

Malumeze86 t1_iy5e5de wrote

There's a Chrome extension that changes his name to "Grime's Boyfriend".

dimlu t1_iy5j1ij wrote

ezpz, just install Mastodon and delete your Twitter account.

PogoArrow t1_iy6gcim wrote

Apollo App for iPhone has filter functionality.

tmccrn t1_iy6l8rk wrote

Agree for different reasons. I just just don’t care enough. Not a professional person in the lot of them

Blubari t1_iy61lny wrote

Simple, your phone as a button on the side of it that blocks the screen, and most clothes have pockets to tuck it in.

If in computer, most software have a button on the top right marked with an "X", it does wonders

bolonomadic t1_iy6q3ie wrote

Block Musk; go into your settings and Mute the words Elon and Musk.

DrDestruct0 t1_iy6qhla wrote

Why would you do that lol

Did you not see the sink?

keepthetips t1_iy4qyod wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

Diremustang94 t1_iy619oe wrote

Is someone dealing with the consequences of being spoon fed by an algorithm for (holy shit) eight years?

JoJoPizzaG t1_iy6eusw wrote

Stop wasting your time on social network.

Why do you want Twitter to fail? Is it because it is no longer a work social network?

artisan- t1_iy6mqj4 wrote

Just let it sink..in

highmodulus t1_iy5vp8f wrote

LifePro Tip: Block Elon Musk on Twitter, it makes Twitter better for you and makes all the money he was forced to spend to buy the App a big waste. /Nelson Mutz laugh/

DoctaDookie t1_iy5wwut wrote

We all need our boogeyman! Remember drrrruuummpppffff?!?!?

−1

ovid10 t1_iy6c5f4 wrote

Getting away from Elon was the reason I deleted my Twitter account. It was non stop about him, and I hated him years before he ever bought the app. I used to love Twitter; now, I absolutely hope it dies completely.

−1

chimp20 t1_iy68fpz wrote

I guess you’re not a fan of free speech?

−2

lucpet t1_iy64fr3 wrote

I did this based on Trump a while ago based on a LPT someone posted but unfortunately cannot remember the process. Know that is can be done though!

−3

DreadPirateGriswold t1_iy6jglo wrote

Downfall?

I think he spelled success incorrectly.

Twitter is already in the same ballpark when it comes to profit margin as Google and Microsoft after the Twitter layoffs. Made a 48% swing from a 20% loss to a +28% profit almost overnight.

And they hit record new user sign-ups.

−3

RidinTheMingo t1_iy6ke3n wrote

How about just scroll past it instead of letting it take up so much real estate in your head that you have to post about it not taking up so much real estate?

−3

JL7795 t1_iy6mwjj wrote

What downfall? He’s doing fine, doing what needs to be done.

−3