Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Iamjustpassingtime t1_ixy615y wrote

Being doing this for years and just assumed everyone knew about it. Clearly not

lifeaintsocool t1_ixy7lv5 wrote

I'd imagine anyone who's driven in a city knows this but maybe people who drive in rural areas wouldn't automatically think of this?

IntrepidAvocado7306 t1_ixy62p0 wrote

My parents taught me this- most useful advice EVER driving on snow and ice!!!

StuzaTheGreat t1_ixy6lhl wrote

How is this "Pro"? This is just normal life tip or "How to avoid getting on Darwin list"

SuperSalamiiii OP t1_ixy7gmn wrote

What's common for one person isn't necessarily known to another. Not a single person I've shared this with as I'm driving or they are has known about it and found it helpful so figure I'd share for those may not know of it!

−1

dclxvi616 t1_ixy7v1x wrote

The yellow light is there to let me know the light is about to change to red. It's unclear to me why I need to be forewarned the light is about to change to yellow. If it was important, there'd be another light for that.

Iamjustpassingtime t1_ixy8fi5 wrote

It's handy to know if a light is about to change, I have a light that is on bad angle with the rain, so knowing I have time to take it at a safe speed is good, as opposed to getting to it and it switches to yellow with out knowing causes all them other cars to slide off the road. Happens way more than it should.

dclxvi616 t1_ixy8uz4 wrote

>It's handy to know if a light is about to change

That's the purpose of the yellow light, after all.

>as opposed to getting to it and it switches to yellow with out knowing causes all them other cars to slide off the road. Happens way more than it should.

Oh, okay, we clearly live on different planets at the least, if not different galaxies. Good luck!

DroolingSlothCarpet t1_ixyfj0b wrote

I'm convinced that people absolutely know how to cross a street, an intersection but they purposely cross as they wish anyway, to inconvenience others at their convenience.

Even if it places them in jeopardy.

This post, if read at all by those people, will not change their behavior.

LifeProTips-ModTeam t1_iy6b91s wrote

Your post or comment was removed as it was determined to be in violation of our rules and regulations. Please familiarise yourself with them to avoid future punitive actions applied to your contributions to the subreddit.

• Rule 6: Posts must not concern any of the following:

• Religion

• Politics

• Relationships

• Law & legislation

• Parenting

• Driving

• Medicine or hygiene

• Mental health

This list is not exhaustive. Moderators may remove posts considered to deviate from the spirit of the subreddit.

If you are in disagreement with this decision, you may wish to contact the moderators.

keepthetips t1_ixy5h3j wrote

Hello and welcome to r/LifeProTips!

Please help us decide if this post is a good fit for the subreddit by up or downvoting this comment.

If you think that this is great advice to improve your life, please upvote. If you think this doesn't help you in any way, please downvote. If you don't care, leave it for the others to decide.

−2