Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j2a3k93 wrote

[deleted]

AcademicPepper t1_j2ak2hb wrote

I'm in the same boat, why would I not leave it up to the independent contractor to determine how much taxes they should pay. Plus services like Uber Eats take a two figure percentage of everything to begin with.

halpmeplz94 t1_j2abnm1 wrote

You are not the norm, but the exception. Cash is increasingly rare. People often frame scenarios around their own life and expectations, leading to subjective evaluations and logical misgivings.

deadpandiane t1_j2alhkv wrote

I had a pizza delivered and the driver knocked and was getting in his car when I chased him down for a tip. I felt a bit ridiculous, was I dumb for tipping on top of delivery fee?

I only get pizza delivered because food delivery is confusing and complicated.

Maybe a smaller tip when there is a delivery fee, IDK. The delivery fee was just under 5 dollars. I tipped $4 for a $15 dollar pizza. It was fast, convenient, and very good.

The last time I picked up a pizza I was told how their work had doubled but not their pay. SMH

Megzilllla t1_j2bt0xt wrote

The driver doesn’t get the delivery fee, at all. None of it. They just use it to further subsidize paying drivers the lower than minimum wage base pay they give them. Meaning it benefits the company, not the guy who is destroying his car bringing pizza to your door in any weather.

PresentAir1133 t1_j2cc19o wrote

Lol, I've gone outside in PJs after a Driver who I'd forgotten to tip bc we had such a great conversation that he was gonna be late. Not a pizza order, obviously, they cant chat. I never forget them. More like grocery delivery Drivers. But forced tips on apps. Nope. I tip well for good service even if it's gotta be done thru the app. Uber drivers are a whole other issue.

PresentAir1133 t1_j2c8zxa wrote

I'm a cash tipper. No app is going g to tell me how to spend my money. I tip well when I can, almost always a healthy, tya, cash tip. Unless the Driver refuses to follow simple instructions, like don't leave food on the deck bc the rats, or other humans will get to it first, ants get into everything, inclement weather destroys paper/cardboard. Most drivers are fantastic and kind, I keep special money set aside, ready for those people. I also gift the mail carrier and the extra special UPS drivers. But AH with attitude who ruin stuff, no.

sgong33 t1_j2dcqbg wrote

Unfortunately with theses apps, drivers are incentivized by seeing the tip before they accept the order. They don’t know that you’re going to tip cash and prob assume it’s a no tip order. Those orders tend to sit in the restaurant longer as drivers will pass on that pickup in order to take a tipped order. I learned this this hard way.

cats_takeoverMars t1_j2dxiyk wrote

My friend works at a restaurant in NYC. Someone ordered delivery and the order sat there for two hours because no driver wanted to take a no-tip order

tragiktimes t1_j2e04x5 wrote

They're going to erase their own jobs. I just don't use delivery apps anymore because of shit like this. I imagine a lot of people have begun to stop using them.

olgnolgnall t1_j2dohkl wrote

I never tip before I get my food too, I’ve been fucked my drivers before, some ghosted, some ate or steal the foods.